New Screen Replacement Option

Yamaha SY77 is a 16 voice multitimbral music workstation first produced by Yamaha Corporation in 1989. The SY77 is a synthesizer whose architecture combines AFM (Advanced Frequency Modulation) synthesis, AWM2 (Advanced Wave Memory 2) for ROM-borne sample-based synthesis, and the combination of these two methods christened Realtime Convolution and Modulation Synthesis (RCM).

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul, Fozzer

acemonvw

Re: New Screen Replacement Option

Unread postby acemonvw » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi greensweater,

Thanks for the help. I eventually was able to purchase one pre-made (apparently no soldering needed) by someone on eBay. This might be ideal anyway, as it leaves the unit as unmodified as possible (which makes it easier for a new owner able to make whatever mod they would like).

I was going to purchase everything after I knew what I was doing, but this did seem the best method for me. I've already dismantled the SY77 once to fix sticky keys, so now I'm a little more confident when it comes time to replace the display!

Perhaps I'll make a video showcasing every step of it (although it will be based on a 'pre-made' display, rather than the one everyone is buying here).

Return to “Yamaha SY77 Forum - Covers the Sy77 Keyboard and TG77 Module”