What are XGlite voices

This section is for the popular E series keyboards from Yamaha. If you have a problem, need info or have tips to pass on, please post here.

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Clyde, Saul, Fozzer

What are XGlite voices

Unread postby waltonnz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:30 pm

This is surely showing my ignorance, but I'm a first time keyboard user. I've just bought a PSRE413 and found all these extra voices called XGlite voices. What are they and why are they separated from the other voices? I presume there is something special about them as I see they are mentioned separately in the specifications for keyboards. I've been all over the Internet trying to find an answer without success. Could some kind person please give a simple answer as to what they are.
As lots have viewed this message, but nobody has answered, I presume everybody must be as puzzled as I am about XGlite voices.
waltonnz

Unread postby Count_fuzzball » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:12 pm

Hey,

XGLite voices are Yamaha's own spec of the General Midi Spec.

Basically it means you can put in any GM or XGlite midi file into it, and the midi performance will play all the right notes for all the right instruments. So you won't have to go back and change the piano to guitar if the guitar was the first instrument, not piano, as you would normally expect.
Count_fuzzball

Return to Yamaha PSR E443/E433/E423/E413/E403/E303/E203