Search nuisance

Requests and other comments/idea's for the site can be posted here.

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Fozzer, Saul

happyhacker

Search nuisance

Unread postby happyhacker » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:45 am

When I search for NP-32 I get refused as not enough input and if I add "Yamaha..." I get the same but "np 32 ignored". Great! So how do I search the forums for posts regarding this Yamaha keyboard?

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Search nuisance

Unread postby Saul » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:56 am

As far as I am aware there have never been any problems with people searching the forums but perhaps it's just that no one has mentioned it.

I checked your permissions and there is nothing that would stop you searching the forum, in fact there is no setting that prevents even unregistered users from using the search function.

Having said that I have reset your permissions so please try again and let me know how you get on.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Saul » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:01 pm

Saul wrote:As far as I am aware there have never been any problems with people searching the forums but perhaps it's just that no one has mentioned it.

I checked your permissions and there is nothing that would stop you searching the forum, in fact there is no setting that prevents even unregistered users from using the search function.

Having said that I have reset your permissions so please try again and let me know how you get on.

I just re-read your post and realised it's not because you can't search but because the search term is too short. That is actually a limitation of phpbb not something restricted on this particular forum. I will have a look and see if I can do something with it but I have a feeling it's probably as good as it gets.

happyhacker

Unread postby happyhacker » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:46 pm

OK, understood. Be interested if/when you can get a solution. Bit strange that PHPBB should dictate that though.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Saul » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:01 pm

I played around with the rather limited options for 'search' but it made no difference. Possibly rebuilding the search index might help but I will need to do that at a time when we have the least traffic as the process can reduce the site to a crawl.

Return to “Feedback”