Happy New Year! TRUMP prognoses...and limits?

A Place to blow off some steam. If your annoyed, angry, generally fed up with things here is your place to let it all out

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Fozzer, Saul

purcell

Happy New Year! TRUMP prognoses...and limits?

Unread postby purcell » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Last edited by purcell on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Happy New Year! TRUMP prognoses...and limits?

Unread postby Saul » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Well who knows? We'll find out soon enough what Trump does as president. It may be very different from what he has done as a businessman but none of us really know. Personally I think he's a bit of an idiot who just happened to have very rich parents to start him off but I think it was the people behind him that made him successful. However that's just an opinion based on a lot of media stories so that could be completely wrong....again we will have to wait and see.

One thing you can be sure of though is that this whole business of electing Trump as president has certainly weakened the USA in the eyes of most of the rest of the world. He is almost universally disliked so quite how he is going to manage foreign policy without dragging us all into another world war is yet to be seen. I "hope" though that young people these days from all countries and political persuasions will not allow their politicians to make that sort of complete fuck up once again. Still, common sense and war have never sat well together so it could all just go to shit very quickly.

I was trying to think of a list of pros and cons but honestly at the moment I can't think of any pros to Trump being president. There were not many with Obama and certainly it would have been a short list with Clinton but right now I can only think of the cons with Trump. Most of them are obvious but probably the biggest is he will say 'ANYTHING' to win so if he needs to become Putin's best buddy then he will do that. If he thinks protecting Israel whilst they continue to build illegal settlements and occupy Palestinian land will do him some good then he will do that. If he thinks supporting Assad in Syria is a good thing again he will do that. What he doesn't do is use his brain and try connecting it with his mouth sometimes before he speaks and he doesn't listen to common sense advice. He's probably the dumbest president the USA has ever had and it doesn't bode well for the rest of us!
Saul
Site Admin
FREE Home Recording Training Video Course
Follow me on Twitter @YamahaForums
Follow Us On Facebook
Epiphone EJ-200CE/Taylor 114e ES2/Yamaha FG830/Roland Juno DS88/Pianoteq Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iPad Air 2/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 8/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors/Focusrite Scarlett2i2 2nd gen
Mac & PC Computer Repairs, Upgrades. Web Hosting, Installation and Design www.thegraphicscompany.uk

purcell

Unread postby purcell » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:52 pm

Last edited by purcell on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Saul » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:06 am

Trump only got elected because as with all megalomaniacs he knows there were millions of very simple people in the USA who because of their low intellect would happily blame all their problems on anyone he told them to. Hitler and Mussolini did the same thing and look where that ended up?

Now he's busy blaming the rest of the world for the mess the USA finds itself in.

When you run out of people to blame and excuses for your own failings...you start a war to take peoples attention away from the fact that you don't know what your doing.

The clever thing about disinformation...and the Russians are masters at it, is you only need to sow the seeds of doubt. It doesn't matter if it's true or if you trust the messenger. All you need to do is put it out there and watch everyone tear each other apart.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Epiphone EJ-200CE/Taylor 114e ES2/Yamaha FG830/Roland Juno DS88/Pianoteq Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iPad Air 2/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 8/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors/Focusrite Scarlett2i2 2nd gen
Mac & PC Computer Repairs, Upgrades. Web Hosting, Installation and Design www.thegraphicscompany.uk

Daviedawg

Unread postby Daviedawg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:02 am

It is interesting to contemplate what is actually behind the desire to have closer links with Russia. When I was in Ukraine (and Saul will be familiar with this) the economy was underwritten by both legitimate and illegal financing from Moscow. Then the Ruble crash came around 2001 was it? The funding was suddenly needed in Russia and the UA economy crashed. Ukraine has fought of illegitimate control from Moscow ever since because of the void created. Meanwhile the Russian "mafia" has grown to exercise financial control all over the world. Even the USA. The effects of financial muscle on how a country operates has been well demonstrated.
Who can say what could come from this? Or even what has already happened? At least I agree with Trump that sex tapes or such like are nothing to him. He would just brazen it out again.

Dd
Yamahas:
SF500 Sunburst three colour Aug 1978
FZ1000 Black Sharkfin offset vee July 1986
SC400 red transparent 1982
Fazer 600cc gold and black 2000 25,000 miles and rising. Sorry 30,000 miles.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Saul » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:59 am

Ukraine is a complex situation for sure. When the wall came down and communism collapsed Ukraine was pretty much left on it's own. People didn't know what to do. They went from having certainty in their lives to wondering where their next meal would come from. The infrastructure started to crumble because Moscow drew back on funding in order to stop their own country collapsing. This of course left a massive vacuum which was quickly filled by organised crime and thugs in suits. That was let get totally out of hand and corruption became the name of the game. You simply could not get anything done without giving gifts (bribes) to officials from the lowest to the highest.

Eventually of course, with a not a little help and prodding from the West, the government was overthrown and a pseudo Western democracy ensued. Problem is, yet again we stepped back and left a gaping great hole into which Putin was allowed to sow the seeds of dissent and eventually do a land grab which no one opposed, despite the fact that the west had signed a treaty with Ukraine that in exchange for them giving up their nuclear weapons we would protect their territorial integrity. Result? thousands have lost their lives and many more thousands been turned into refugees in their own country.

Now we have a president of the United States soon to be sworn in who thinks Russia was right to grab Crimea and wants to become best pals with Putin? Might be fine for the USA...in the short term but certainly not for all those countries on the border of Russia who could once rely on NATO but now are starting to fear the worst, that like Ukraine they will be invaded and we will all sit back and pen strongly worded statements but do bugger all to help. And if Trump is stupid enough to think being friendly with a bear is a good idea he will soon learn the error of his ways.

The message Putin is getting now is that his biggest opponent is soon to be his biggest supporter. So I don't think anyone should be surprised if we see another land grab in Moldova, Eastern Ukraine and Estonia at some point over the next few years. You see that's what happens when you try to be nice to a bully. They see you as weak and will walk all over you.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

purcell

Unread postby purcell » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:59 pm

Last edited by purcell on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daviedawg

Unread postby Daviedawg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:13 pm

I would not be surprised if the organisations from Russia have their hooks into the American institutions already. And where they go the politics will follow using whatever leverage can be applied. Look out Eastern Europe, NATO may well be sitting on its hands.

Dd
Yamahas:
SF500 Sunburst three colour Aug 1978
FZ1000 Black Sharkfin offset vee July 1986
SC400 red transparent 1982
Fazer 600cc gold and black 2000 25,000 miles and rising. Sorry 30,000 miles.

Return to “Don't Get Me Started!”