Registrations using disposable email addresses!

All site announcements, changes and notifications are posted here. Please check from time to time.

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul, Fozzer

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Registrations using disposable email addresses!

Unread post by Saul » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:25 pm

I have noticed recently a rise in the number of forum registration using disposable email addresses.

For anyone not familiar with such things a disposable email address is a one time use thing that is created for the sole purpose of registering on websites.

Whilst many of the people using these disposable email account are genuine, they are also use by spammers.

Because we have made great efforts to keep the forum spam free over the years I have to say that anyone trying to register with a disposable email account will have their application immediately denied.

We DO NOT share your email address with anyone so there is no reason at all for not using your real email address when joining Yamaha Forums.

I hope people understand why we impose this restriction.
Saul
Site Admin
FREE Home Recording Training Video Course
Follow me on Twitter @YamahaForums
Follow Us On Facebook
Epiphone EJ-200CE/Taylor 114e ES2/Yamaha FG830/Roland Juno DS88/Pianoteq Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iPad Air 2/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 8/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors/Focusrite Scarlett2i2 2nd gen
Mac & PC Computer Repairs, Upgrades. Web Hosting, Installation and Design www.thegraphicscompany.uk

Return to “Site Notifications & Changes”